What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, October 19, 2016

First Frost

















 





Sure we got the rest of the peppers and picked all the green/ripening tomatoes we could stand but what I was really after were the flowers.

I got only a fraction of what there was- making sure to get the dahlias (oh my! gorgeousness!) and the zinnias got zapped.  The children tried to revive them by pouring water on them before the sun came up (those are their footprints scattered about) because they love me (and because I offered them a piece of bacon for doing it!)  Still, the zinnias died.  Cosmos are bit heartier so I may still get a bouquet or two from them!   Oh happy day!  A home without flowers is like a sink without water.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That photo of your home with the tree? and the sun coming up behind it is so gorgeous! The flowers are dreamy...and I've always loved when you put them in your blue bottles. Thanks for sharing, Rebecca!