What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, April 11, 2016

Overwhelming(ly good)


I've noticed something about my blog lately.  It is BOOOOORING.  (And I don't even use that word.)

But that is the sad fact.

While I am not putting any meaningful words down on paper or doing any blogworthy activities, I am still often snatching photos throughout my days (though noticably less stellar than in times past) and they are piling up for 'one day when I again have time to blog'.   I make dinner.  I recite presidents and quiz country locations.  I try to stay awake as children take forever to read words like company and fellow.  I have realized anew how much laundry a baby makes.  (Wow.  I had forgotten!)  I change newborn clothes for bigger baby clothes (too soon!) and admire pages and pages and pages of freshly made art in speed rotation.

This is a rowdy, hectic, cluttery, overwhelming life.  And lest you think I am complaining, I mean that in the best possible way.  Rowdy with fun.  Hectic with little people who keep you on your toes.  Overwhelmed by the goodness of living it.   Maybe I don't love the clutter- but it only shows the abundance which we enjoy.

My days are full.  My hands are full.  My heart is full.

I have been toying with the idea of blogging every single day in the month of May to make this blog a bit more reflective of my actual life~the beautiful busy~ but I don't know if I have it in me yet.  Would it be more pressure than pleasant?  I don't want more pressure in my life.   I know that I much prefer for my blog a few select photos more often than big photo dumps every few weeks.

My worry is that I hate to be chained to something and I hate failing at things (given my track record of blogging, this is a real probability) but at the very same time I could really see it being fun.  And even a bit therapeutic.  How about this week be a test run?  Can I blog every single day this week and actually enjoy it?  Let's see....

For today~ a photo dump to help get us up to speed...

The gardens are in desperate need of some spring cleaning/maintence.
This fellow is a sure sign that I am behind the times.



The girl is not hard up for snuggles, that's for sure.





Love winter gnome babies.





Like a little puppy dog~ when the wind blows she laps it up.  

March 9th it was 78 degrees out.  We ate supper out on the porch on our new picnic table (a handmade Christmas gift!) and I took a photo in disbelief.  A month later, on April 10th, we had a snowstorm.  Strange year.  

my Opa flowers

...and the girl behind them.

A Papa pile





4 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful everything! Christina

Unknown said...

Beautiful everything! Christina

beth said...

ditto what christina said - twice!
looking forward to future glimpses and reflections ~
xoxo
b in va

lydia.purple said...

Beautiful! How about choosing a specific number of pictures to post everyday in May. Like 3 or 5... Or even just one! That could make it more attainable and less pressure.