What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Good Stuff

We have some out of town friends coming to stay with us for a few days on Thursday and they have never been here~ which means I have some serious dust bunnying and rolling out the proverbial red carpet to do today.  

There are still zinnias and cosmos to cut for bouquets around the house (thanks to the hose treatment when the first hard freeze happened!) which I am very thankful for because fresh flowers in a home just make it so much more beautiful.   Pretty much everything we own is second hand, furniture roadkill or given to us.  We don't have fancy new furniture. But by golly- we still have FLOWERS.

While I am changing the sheets on all the beds and mopping under the dining room table (which hasn't happened in...well, too long)  and trying not to eat all the cookies that I bake in preparation for their visit, you can enjoy a few things that I have enjoyed around the web!


This is great- in a might-illicit-tears kinda way:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is great- in a laugh out loud funny kinda way:


 (And now you know the name of my next child.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A thought-provoking article about not judging a book (or rather, person) by its' cover. And what if the world would wear the signs that make them who they are at that moment???

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This looks good:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Rachel does it again.  This blog post is a must-read. It was so what I needed to be reminded of today (and every day).

5 comments:

Leah T. said...

Thank you for sharing that blog post. It was excellent! I needed to be reminded, too.

Enjoy your time with out-of-town friends! I wish it was our family who was coming for a visit. :)

Mary P said...

Rebecca, that blog post encouraged me so much I reposted it. And of course I always love your photos! Thank you.

Anonymous said...

What a great blog post you shared. I may be re-reading this one for a few days. A message of hope! Thanks & hope y'all have a great weekend.

Jinger

Leah T. said...

I was reading through some of the posts from Ginny's Yarn Along (of Small Things blog), http://www.gsheller.com/category/yarn-along and came across this Friday blog share at Rose Vignettes blog, http://rosevignettes.blogspot.com/search/label/Fresh-Cut%20Friday%20Features . I thought it was right up your alley! :)

Abigail said...

Rachel's blog post IS great. The house can go! The house can go! Of course, I say this when your house is post-company clean, all dusted and mopped, but, still...the house can go! :)

I wanted to ask you today how the visit went but instead whirled off like the wicked witch on her broom. Forgive me. I'm so glad the weather was beautiful for you and hope you had a grand time together!