What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Map of Hopestead


The other day the "big kids" (as the little kids call them) decided to make maps.  

Corynn, true to her nature, made a map of a make-believe place and imagined a story to go with it.

Andrew, true to his nature, made a very practical, very realistic map of a very tangible place.  Hopestead.

He said "Hey Mama!  Look at this map I made of our house."  
I said "Oh, that's nice." with a quick glance.

And then I looked, and looked, and I realized everything was in its' proper place and practically even proportionate!  He even included the chicken that was, at the time, running loose- having escaped her cage.  It is that little scribble by the clothesline.  

The cow and pony are further on down the field, so they couldn't be pictured.  (I know this because he apologized for it. ha!)

So here it is- Hopestead.

12 comments:

Leah said...

That is so great! It does not yet appear what he shall be. :)

Unknown said...

This is fantastic! I love it! :) What a wonderful set-up and ambitious young man. He seems very much to be about the business of men despite his youth... what a blessing!

Leah T. said...

He did a great job! It's neat to "see" Hopestead like this! I love it! "D

Leah T. said...

That's supposed to be :D not "D.

beth said...

Andrew's map of Hopestead is impressive and almost as charming as the fact that its corners are being held down by green beans-!

Julian said...

Talent indeed! By the way, do you have a pinterest?
Mine is christina gomez.
Christina

Rebecca said...

Leah- He insists that he will be a farmer- but since he has been making three dimensional barns/houses better than I can do since he was four years old, I have often said he would be a good contractor or construction guy. As you said- it will be fun to see what the Lord has in store for him...

Quinn- any chance one of your boys would do this? I'd love to see a map of the new Reformation Acres. hint, hint, hint

Leah T- now you must see it in person!

Beth- ah, you spotted the beans. A redneck improvisation. Don't look down on us... please.

Julian- I do. It is under Rebecca Newman. Pinterest is pretty great, huh?

BajaManna said...

I still have a map that my younger son created of our forest property which shows all the logging roads accurately, and actually helped me to get a better idea of how they interconnect. It's amazing how some people can have such clarity about the placement of things. BTW, my favorite part of Andrew's map is the trees with the hammocks.

beth said...

seriously, I was totally charmed by those green beans -- don't even know why -- just was!

Julian said...

Yes I've found so many neat things on pinterest. Thanks I started follwing you. You have great boards!
Christina

Abigail said...

The beans were my favorite part, too! I've always been impressed by Andrew's ability to capture buildings in their proper 3 dimensions. For all my doodling, it's something I still need to pour my concentration into properly, and he does it effortlessly. My brother Andy's the same way, and you know what he put his hands to. Perhaps there's a Great Room and house addition in your future, too! :)

Leah T. said...

I trust that someday I will indeed see Hopestead in person! :)