What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Monday, June 04, 2012

Multitudes


 Three months later, I begin again.  

I make it to One Thousand DAILY in my mind;  I *will* make it to One Thousand on this blog.

 
















841... the first of the hammock swinging
842... and the way he holds on
843...the first of the tan baby arms
844... the first of the rhododendron peeking
845... the first of the mud walks
846... the first of the Iron Kettle Farm visiting
847... a first fishing trip
848... the first of the homegrown strawberries
849... the first of the hot weather hair
850... overalls with nothing underneath
851... $183.00 earned at a yard sale on Saturday.  A GREAT beginning to my new camera fund (mine is, sadly,  on its' deathbed.)
852... egg Manna
853... a date tomorrow thanks to Matts birthday gift cards!
854... a winding down school year
855... peonies, irises and lovely smelling roses, brought in from outside

It's a sweet, sweet life.


 holy experience

9 comments:

Regina said...

I love it, Rebecca! Your pictures are breathtakingly beautiful!

Kara said...

The pictures are so beautiful. My , what will they be when you get your new camera!!!

I loved reading your firsts of the season... so fun.

Alida Sharp said...

I love your photos...wow!

Unknown said...

You made $184 at your garage sale!!??? I usually make about $3.74 after two days of back breaking work!? ;) What did you sell? :)

Gorgeous photos!

Rebecca said...

Amy~ I usually always make $100.00 but I too, was blown out of the water this year at how much I made!

Most years (and this) I just sell little nicknacky things (I am constantly shedding *stuff* so our home doesn't become cluttered) and lots of clothes-mostly childrens. Oh-and I go through our movies and books every year too.

This year I had two bigger ticket items which helped. I sold a nice bike for $20. and a nice microwave for $10. but everything else was quarter stuff.

Also, a lady gave us like 14 bags of big boy clothes (sizes 8-14) which I went through and got out the shirts and pants that the boys could wear but most of it was totally not my style (skater stuff, skeletons, sports, etc.) and I sold those.

All the clothes I sell and all the books are always a quarter. I try and keep it so small a price that people don't think twice about paying for it. And it REALLY adds up. I was very pleased.

In fact, our community is having a sale at Labor Day and I am going to take all the leftovers and maybe even go around the house again for excess to try and make some MORE money.

Cameras are good incentive. ;-)

Full of Grace said...

Hey, Look at all those fish! That's AMAZING!!! :) Did you have fresh fish for dinner one night?? :)

Bonnie said...

Love the pictures- I was actually surprised by the words at the bottom, I was thinking it was a pictorial post, and guessing at what they all were : )

Anonymous said...

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful -

the b/w of adele??? wow!!!!!

b

Rebecca said...

Elizabeth~ nope. Those fish were eaten (and cooked) by someone else. I told Matt I would be more than happy to have him cook fish outside in a campfire some night-but I am not doing it! :-)