What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, May 01, 2012

April in Review (the abridged version)




This post was supposed to happen yesterday because I had plans for a different post today.  But then a day disappeared on me somewhere between then and now and here I am on MAY 1st.  Can you believe it is May already?!?   Happy May Day!

I will keep this one short and sweet.  (I have a busy month planned for me....er...you and it starts tomorrow!)
 


~~~

I make resolutions.  I try to routinely check my progress.

So here is last months' rundown.

Family Read Aloud(s)-one is the goal: Silver Chair and Tales of the Kingdom

House Project(s) of the Month-one is the goal: Planted Filbert Trees given to us by some friends, made clothesline (MATT), prepared garden plot, Wallpapered bathroom (!!!)

 Letter-writing: 8 total, 3 to my Opa (one letter from Corynn is in there)

Exercise:  24 times (Toward the middle of the month I started doubling up out of sheer desperation for some sort of change.)

Reading Bible: I was in the Word twice daily all month, but never just for myself.  I am becoming okay with that, I think. 

Drank 60 ounces of water:  20 times

Christmas Gift Made:  FAIL.

Money to Car Fund: yes

Money to Savings: yes

Money toward Principle on House: Made a double payment.

Overall, it was a pretty great month!

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

Good-good!
We're going to be busy??? My curiosity is up!

Full of Grace said...

Sounds like you've met many of your goals, good for you! Love the pics you posted :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome Rebecca! You never fail to inspire me and I absolutely love your pics.

Hope May is good to you!!!

Blessings always,
Janet

Unknown said...

You are doing so well...I keep meaning to review my goals also...hmmm... :)

Catie said...

Way to go! My hubby and I always talk about making double payments on our mortgage but it NEVER happens! We really must remedy that!

Looking forward to OUR busy month! :)

Rebecca said...

Your photos bug me. You are so gifted, right place, right time!

Rebecca said...

Bonnie~ busy reading, that is. I have many a list written for your viewing pleasure (or DISDAIN.)

Catie~ I was hoping to do a QUADRUPLE mortgage payment this month but it didn't happen. (Tax refund and all.) Maybe next.

Rebecca~ your comment made me laugh. Thanks! (I think.) Actually, the truth is-I was sick of not having taken any 'good' pictures lately (as in---MONTHS!) so I went outside camera in hand, ready to get up close and personal with nature. When you get on the ground looking for bugs---they all of the sudden come out of the woodwork. You just need to get on your hands and knees. You don't even need to travel! ;-)

Anonymous said...

We are in the middle of Tales of the Kingdom right now with my three little ones. It is such a great book. A friend let us borrow it and I'm thinking of adding it to our home library.

Keep up the great work with your goals!!

Jinger Bittinger