What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Peek Week: Tuesday

My day started early. When I went to bed.




A surprise package (of the Santa variety) arrived for a certain someone (YOU!) today... HMMMMMM. I WONDER what it IS....





He was concentrating so hard to get that pink froofroo crown on his head just so. With his puckered lips and blank stare, I could practically see smoke. It was the dearest thing. But he got it!



I sorted the bushels of apples. Into applesauce, bruised, and storage piles. Plenty of keepers, which I put in our coolers and them, into the milkhouse. They should last until spring and the best part? They are OUT of the mud room now! Applesauce is next on my to-do.

Wait. He isn't an apple!



And one more thing~ your cellphone once was lost but now it's found. (and properly shamefaced)

XOXO

6 comments:

Davene Grace said...

Your little one might not be an apple, but he sure is a peach! :)

I spy Story of the World! We're using it for the first time this year and really enjoying it. :)

I'm loving these glimpses into your week!

Leah said...

Beautiful. Every one.
(I noticed "Story of the World" too. We've got a couple of those. :)
Hang in there.

Matt said...

There's Judah!!

pic #1) Remember to rest when baby rests, ok? :-)

pic #2) Looks like a beautiful morning. I hope Loubee is being a good dog.

#3) So...how many eggs ya gettin' thar?

#4) Totally posed I know, but convincing nonetheless.

#5) I can't get over chester's ear hair. He'll get the warmest cat award this winter.

#6) Classic Judah. We don't need no stinkin' socks!

#7) I'm pretty sure I know what it is.

#8) I'll probably come home to some sort of wall in the front yard, right?

#9) Where are the chesnuts?

#10) You couldn't of said it better.

#11) Love it.

#12) Yum

#13) Gotta always be into something, eh Judah?

#14) I would like to know the story behind that...

Thank you for your hard work. icwtcu.

Rebecca said...

Mattie~

#6- I thought you would like that moment. Pretty much sums him up doesn't it?

#7- YOU DO NOT!!!!!

#14- guess you will have to CALL me then one of these days.....

If I get a comment PER picture, watch out-I won't be able to stop myself. (That was real treat!)

Abigail said...

I love these posts, and although I don't wish Matt to traipse off for work every week, it's the best byproduct imaginable!
(You know, for procrastinating blog-readers, at least.)

Also, we just- as in, this very minute- dug up rutabaga from the garden and we have...um...quite a large amount. Would you care for any? Roast some rutabaga while the cat's away!

p.s. No, the gray heels are quite comfortable, but I've found that one Sunday a week is all I can handle from my red ones. Maybe that's a good reason for both of us to look for another pair? ;)

Unknown said...

We have had NO snow here...CRAZY. Love the little peek again!! :)