What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, October 14, 2011

Yes You!


There are never enough moments in a day to do everything but there are plenty to accomplish the truly important things.

I have a notebook by my bedstand that says Take Some Time. Each time I look at it, I am reminded to be deliberate in everything I do- to pick and choose those important things carefully, and those things are often based around RELATIONSHIPS, not activities.

And so... I wanted to take some time to thank each of you for your amazing encouragement these last few weeks! I may not be able to personally write a note to every one of you right now, but I can't let another day go by without showing my gratitude.

Thank you to the several women who have emailed me privately their own stories and dreams of owning a home and/or moving and shared with me words of wisdom/encouragement.

Thank you to the friend from church who made a wonderful meal (and BROWNIES!) for our family and who shared a card so lovely I sighed.

Thank you to my sister who came and helped me with two batches of pears this morning. Two extra hands and two wagging tongues were more help than you could imagine!

Thank you to the bread maker extraordinaire who is taking over my church-bread-making responsibilities for the next two weeks so that I can focus my attentions elsewhere.

Thank you to you gal pals who have sent precious paper to my mailbox with such encouraging words.

Thank you for all the lovely comments that are showered upon me every time I share with trepidation a picture of a room of junk or a wall of water stains or a floor of old boards.

If I could hug you through a computer I would. If my computer screen were some sort of garden zinnia transporter, I would pick armfuls for you. Instead, here is a picture of the last garden bouquet of the year. For you. With thanks.


You know who you are.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

*drinks in sight of zinnias*

I'm rooting for you guys!!! Huge blessings sent your way today!

I have another note card sitting here to send to you! :)

Anonymous said...

so sweet! thanks -

Victorianlady8 said...

I love it!!!!!!! I love the encouragement that I read just flowing through this computer! Our God is Amazing to send you such encouragement, love, and joy from all your Sisters in the Lord! I am so thankful to be "taking part" in your mission! I am so excited with you!!! I am so happy that you are all together as a family working on this amazing goal! Being at home with your family is such a blessing, I am so thankful that the Lord has given us that gift! Praise God for all of His gifts! REjoicing with you! I love your picture! And I would love to be right there helping you to clean up, fix up, and prepare your home for all of you! You are doing such a SUPER job! love and hugs, and prayers for all the Newmans!

Mary said...

So many bloggers write encouraging posts and make money by advertising. That sends a sour taste in my mouth. I don't know if they are really that way or just feel that they need to do so to get traffic.
You encourage me just by living your life, seeing beauty in the ordinary, by your hard work, by your exuberant love for your husband, your strong faith. You do not have an agenda for all the lovely posts to write. That is what I most appreciate about you and your blog. How genuine you seem to be. You are just getting back what you put out in my view. God bless you.

Jinger said...

I'm sitting here thinking that I am the one who is encouraged by the lovely way you share your life with us... and I typically leave your blog with a better perspective on things. So, to you Rebecca, thank you for choosing not an easy road, but a life full of lovely things... even if parts here and there don't always 'look' lovely to others, it is the way YOU CHOOSE to see them - all while recognizing the grace that it is- that makes this such a lovely place to regularly visit.

Grateful to know you... even if it is only kind of one sided (I've kinda dropped my blog to the way side this year).

Looking forward to seeing the Newmans settled!!!

From Alabama,
Jinger

Anonymous said...

{love} the fall colored trees! thank you for taking us on this journey with you!
jamie in michigan