What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, October 21, 2011

Troopers


I really love my children.

I really love them for many, many, many reasons but recently, my eyes have opened up to a few more.

They are handling this total upheaval of their lives, the neglect of two parents~great with distractions, lack of sleep and days filled in an empty house not yet their own with such grace it amazes.



(under the carpet in the dining room there were scads of newspaper sheets and plenty of COMICS to read from the 1940's. They kept the children, especially Corynn, occupied until evening.)



(painting was a highlight)


When they aren't off playing or exploring, they are helping. Or making lemonade out of lemons and mountains out of mole hills (in the very best possible way).

So glad they are mine.

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

I was going to comment until I saw that my verification word was glory- fitting for this post no?

Mama to 12, so far said...

They are so big now! Such wonderful helpers!

Leah T. said...

What great helpers! And what wonderful memories you are making working together on YOUR home!! :D

Anonymous said...

Do not want to derail the sentiment of this post , but can I be honest for a moment and say it bothers me you use the word 'neglect' to describe yourself and Matt parenting during this process.
Neglect would be someone who does not care for their children, would not work hard to provide them a warm home during winter, to provide them with a good future, who would not bother to school them, dress them, feed them and so on. That is neglect. Not paying them the usual attention, but paying enough so that they are safe, clean and fed while working hard to provide a home is not my definition of neglect. Do you really see yourself that way ? Please don't.
I am only a reader of your blog Rebecca, I don't know you in RL and most probably will never see you this side of heaven, but I still say you are amazing mother. Neglect is not a word I would use in anything about you and your husband. Your children are so because of the effort you put in.

You give others so much grace, give yourself some grace too, even in something as little as a blog post :)

Please forgive me if I have spoken out of turn or offended you in any way.

Leah said...

I love these pictures. They each tell a special story. And we know (and I believe you know too) that you are not neglecting them - I mean just look at Adele in that last picture, the jumper, the shoes, the harmonica... a very cared for little girl :).
Besides they are involved with YOU, doing what YOU are doing, creating THEIR home along with their Dad and Mom. What more could you ask for?

ulli said...

Love it! :)

Terri said...

That's because they have had wonderful parents who have trained them well. Children are much more resilient than we think and you are making memories with them! :-)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Following from CMOMB.
I have awarded you the Liebster Award.

Read about it here
http://ihavebeenblessed.wordpress.com/2011/10/23/liebster-blog-award/
Blessings, Christina