What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, May 13, 2011

It never stops


As much as I dislike winter weather, I am grateful for the time it provides me to rest after a wearying summer and harvesting season, and for the time it allows me to pursue *fun* things I don't ordinarily have time to pursue the rest of the year. Not so, this year.

Though the winter weather dragged on and on it seemed, I don't feel as though I have accomplished one speck of preparation for the coming growing season, one ounce of creativity and/or one moment of rest for my weariness. Anyone else feeling that way?

Now I am....

Going to the laundromat (not my most favorite activity in the world)
Mowing the grass, daily. ( which I like, but still....)
Potty training the 2-year old. (Have I mentioned how much I hate potty-training?)
Following around a surprisingly fast (!) crawler (it had to happen one day)
Sprinting toward the last lap of the school year ( and oh-my side aches!)

and thus~ feeling pretty busy already, without the rush of summer to add to it! Not really ready for the workload to come.

I AM ready for, however, is ...

the taste of real tomatoes
so many vases of flowers they spill over into all the rooms
creek splashing
walking barefoot
NOT buttoning up coats
line-drying
COLORS
the first lettuce leaves
using fresh herbs again
lemonade
eating on the patio three times a day
breezes coming in the window
baby animals
and
trips to my favorite spring/summerAND/fall haunt:

Greenhouse. Playground. Animal Farm. Country Shop. This place has it all.

(She's a feisty one, she is. I bet you can guess which one I am referring to...)




We have chickens, I know. I have no idea why I would take a picture of SOMEONE ELSES' but there it is.


(It is baby goat season. Just about every other kind of baby season too, come to think of it!)






We have been doing an awful lot of fun things lately and enjoying this warm, sunny spell the very best we can.

It will all get done, and if not today-there is always tomorrow. And should we not be given a tomorrow, it won't matter anyhow. Right?

Right.

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

Right ;0P

Father's Grace Ministries said...

Right! And praying that you'll be able to get your washing machine fixed soon-especially as you're potty-training. (I'm trying to potty train our two 2 year twins at the moment, and I often run out of training pants)
Claire

Abigail said...

Love that picture of the baby goats.

Really, there are so many pictures to love that I just stop commenting. Like, for example, the hanging eggs and the flower at the beginning of your Easter post and Adele' in her sweet white dress and-and-and

But, as I said, I just stop commenting....