What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Foto Friday

Well, you might as well know, we Newmans are at the tail end of a very excruciating month and a half as Matt has been away for 5 out of the last six weeks. We kinda, sorta forgot what it was like to have him around~ so he took a week of vacation to remind us. (And to help keep his wife out of the looney bin!) Needless to say, I have had much more important matters to tend to this week than blogging. Did you miss me? Who am I kidding? You probably didn't even notice! I have good news and I have bad news. Bad news is, I am the worlds LAMEST Foto Friday host, without posting any of my own pictures. The good news is: this is the last week that I will have to. Soooo....what is your favorite photo for the week?

And now for my favorites from last week:

Winner #1: The View From Hidden Valley


~ What a fabulous shot of her husband! I love the blurred trees in the background and that he is looking away from the camera with a casual, genuine look on his face. What gal wouldn't love a portrait of their husband like this? It's a treasure, Amy!

Winner #2: A NibNabit Life



~Check out the blurry buzzing wings! Makes me long for those vibrant blooms again! Well done!


Thanks to all who participated last week! It is so fun to visit you all each week!


Next week's challenge is a free for all. If you want a challenge, make one up and go for it! (And I'll use this week to think up a few great challenges for the coming weeks.)

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Did to miss you AND I noticed!

B.'s talking about taking a day off so we can go to a certain place I sent you a catalog for a long time ago.
He doesn't go out of town for work but we miss him a lot any way, I can't imagine if he had to travel.
Glad you took the week off to be with Matt, I figured thats what you were up to!

Tracy said...

As a matter of fact, you HAVE been missed. Sorely!

Full of Grace said...

You ARE missed and I hope your computer is up and running for next week! :)

Anonymous said...

I echo the other ladies. you are missed, and we DO notice!
-Bobbi

Cochran Clan News said...

I missed you a whole biggety-bunch!!! I am sure you missed your hubby more (but only by a little ;o) Looking SO forward to hearing about and seeing pics of your spring adventures <3

Marlene Bibby said...

I feel your pain. So sorry that you have been husbandless. We just need to be thankful they are coming back. Others have it different. Bob has been gone 6 out of the last 13 weeks. Hang in there. It is tough with all your little ones to care for by yourself.

Regina said...

I notice too. ;)

Dana said...

Welcome back! Hope you have a lovely weekend!

Unknown said...

I love that pic of my man also!! :) Thanks for the shout out! You are MISSED GREATLY!!! I haven't been on very much this week...tending to the "home fires" so to speak! ;) Wow! I thought it was bad when my hubby was gone like for 115 hours a week...5 WEEKS. STRAIGHT?!!! Praying for you!!! I hope to get up my entry into the Foto Friday here later today possibly...

Blessings to you all today!