What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Friday, March 18, 2011

Foto Friday


Two days ago my computer and I had an emergency meeting where she told me (yes, it is a she) that she was going to blow up if I added even just one more picture onto this computer. I've been eyeballing the "available space" piechart for ages now, so I knew it was coming but blindly hoped for the best. I am rendered useless for any other photo blogging/FOTO Friday entries until my own personal Network man (helps to have a network hubby, no?) can help me give the girl a makeover so we can be friends again. Until then, my camera is racking up pictures in the hundreds. Hopefully, all will be well by the end of the weekend, at which point I will post my Foto Friday contributions, there are several.

In the meantime~ what about YOUR Favorite FOTO for the week?
Anyone seek out some Green in honor of St. Patty Day?
Do remember-you don't HAVE to follow the challenge suggestion. I would love to see some favorites and sneak glimpses of your week that way too!





My two Foto Friday favorites from last week were:



I was excited for the captions challenge and anxiously awaited a few good laughs. What I found in this photo was so much more than I expected, and so different. Really powerful. Really wonderful.

Winner #2: Just Heather

I loved both her entries, (the hat one made me laugh out loud!) but I chose this as the winner because the contrast was so fabulous, the focus was so crisp, and the caption so funny. Sweet!

Thanks to all who participated, I always love to see everyone's contributions!

Next weeks' challenge, for those interested, is....... UNFINISHED BUSINESS

8 comments:

Full of Grace said...

looking forward to seeing your contributions- meanwhile, what's the next suggestion? :)

Rebecca said...

oh whoops! Thanks for reminding me!

Marlene Bibby said...

That one should be easy folks. We are all unfinished business in God's eyes. He will perfect us until the end. :-)

And I guessed correctly which ones you would choose to win this week, Rebecca. Do I get a prize? Or do I know you better than I thought?

momawake said...

Sorry to hear about your computer troubles. That can be so frustrating. Hope she's good to go soon.

Unknown said...

Sorry about the 'puter! :(
Glad you enjoyed my shot...I had a hard time thinking of ideas for that topic! :)

Rebecca said...

Mrs. Bibby~ I am impressed!!! You know me too well! ;-) Thanks for the comment!

Abigail said...

Mister Network Man! Where is our photograph?!

I hope your computer is on the mend, mostly for selfish reasons (I miss your photos), but also for your sake.

And for the record, it's a pleasure to read and look and comment here! [Unless your email was a sneaky attempt to slow down my pirateering of your quotebox. If so, just tell me to stop. You're too gracious for your own good. :) ]

p.s. Unfinished business-- boy, could I ever post a million photos with that theme. This is unfortunate, but all too true...

Rebecca said...

Abby~ my Network man went out of town this week again. He wasn't supposed to, but when has that stopped him?

And I *love* your comments, and your notable quotables. As long as they are not burdensome to you.