What you do in your house is worth as much as if you did it up in heaven for our Lord God. We should accustom ourselves to think of our position and work as sacred and well-pleasing to God, not on account of the position and work, but on account of the word and faith from which the obedience and the work flow. ~ Martin Luther

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

The Sparkling




We ate in the living room and our dinner consisted of peanut M&Ms, jalapeno poppers, crackers with cheese and summer sausage, mozzarella sticks and eggnog with whipped cream. Sheer junk. And yes, I *did* feel guilty about it all night. But one night of sheer junk food is HUGE for a kid (and for me too) so hey. I got over the guilt. Actually, let's see. There was the dairy in the cheese, the eggs in the eggnog, the meat, the veggie (the jalapeno, duh!) and dessert-so was it THAT bad?!? ;-)


I did the lights. Matt was the overseer and oversaw from a big comfy chair. (Read: He didn't do a lick) There was another overseer too.


Last year almost all of our lights died and in a desperate attempt to compensate, I added some outdoor snowflake lights to the tree. I loved it so much, though, I had to tuck them in the tree this year too and likely will forevermore.


After the lights were strung, the children totally stole my job and hijacked all the ornaments. That's alright. I got to take a pictures. (And I can always rearrange after bedtime. *Insert evil cackle*



Miss Addie Mae was the angel topper this year. The priviledge always goes to the youngest. The youngest, that is, who can actually HOLD the angel. (Sorry Judah.)


She was pretty proud of herself. Especially when the applause erupted.


The finished product:

9 comments:

Bonnie said...

Bee-yu-ti-ful! BUT. Did you get your annual photo of wide eyed wonder filled childer gazing at a lit Christmas light bulb? Did that question even make sense?

Junk food meals are totally allowed for special, or not so special occasions. I justify them just like you do.

Jen said...

Your tree is beautiful!!! And I totally agree with keeping the snowflake lights on there and every year here after:)

Teresa said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! And my hubby didn't do lick either..whats up with that??

Anonymous said...

Looks beautiful!! Looks like the kids (and you:) did a great job.

ulli said...

Gorgeous!

Full of Grace said...

Beautiful pictures and a beautiful tree!!! btw, Bob told me that he has a sale on chicken going on again for 1.10 a lb for chicken breast. If you want another case, or want to share a case with us, please let me know in the next day or two! Have a good one :)

Leah said...

Sounds like a great dinner to me ;)

Alyssa Spring said...

So beautiful....I remember your tree last year being equally as gorgeous. Our little girl got to be the tree topper this year too. :)

Nanci said...

Lady with evil cackle,

When I was little, it was my father's privilege to string the lights on the tree and set up the train (I was allowed to help with the train); it was my older sister's and my privilege to place all the decorations on the tree. Then from Christmas day until New Years day, it was my mother's privilege to hop up from her chair every five minutes to move ornaments about. (I think it may have been her exercise plan to work off extra Christmas calories).
By the time New Years day rolled around, the tree looked completely different from the way it looked Christmas morning.

Christmas Hugs & Kisses to all. . .